KINGDOM FINE ARTS
The Fine Arts program (KFA) caters to the artistic side of children ages 3-11 years. We offer intermediate to advance classes that are determined by skill-set or ability. Classes consist of the following: drama, dance, music (vocal and instrumental), percussion, stage design, lighting and audio engineer technicians.
Children who regularly participate in our Fine Arts program will develop confidence, self-image, discipline, life-skills, eye and hand coordination and creativity as they express themselves in their school, community and church environment.
Fine Arts 2016-2017 Schedule:
- 2016 Fall Session: October 6, 2016 – December 10, 2016
- 2017 Winter Session: January 19, 2017 – March 23, 2017
- 2017 Spring Session: April 13, 2017 – June 15, 2017
- 2017 Fall Session: September 14, 2017 – December 9, 2017
*Dates are subject to change
Rehearsal Times: Thursday’s from 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Requirements: Every child is expected to participate during all rehearsals, be respectful to the leadership team and peers otherwise they will be dismissed from the program.
What ages do you accept in the Fine Arts program?
We start accepting children from ages 3-11 years. The only requirement is every child must participate in order to remain in this program.
Can I sign-up my child for the Fine Arts program if I don’t know what his or her artistic gift?
Yes, we will work with your child and help identify their gift.
When do the children perform?
Children will perform in our Christmas and Spring musicals, special services in the Sanctuary, during children’s services and sometimes in the community.
Is there a basic dress code for the children when they perform?
Yes, the following dress code should be purchased for each child in the following areas:
- Boys – Sweat pant or shorts with short sleeve t-shirts
- Girls – Sweat pant or shorts with short sleeve t-shirts (no dresses, skirts or tank tops)
- Boys – Black pants, solid white collar shirt and black shoes
- Girls – Black pants or skirts, solid white collar blouse and black shoes
If your child is participating in one of the below these additional items are required.
- Dance – black leggings, black spaghetti strap tank and a white t-shirt
- Percussions – Black pant, black collar shirt and black shoes
- Backstage, Sound & Lighting Technicians – Black pant, shirt and shoes
- Drama – TBD for each session
*You will be notified if there are any changes to set attire.
The Youth Orchestra is an enrichment music program open to the community for beginners while developing the intermediate to advance student through personal and group lessons for students ages 8 -18. This program educates and teaches the fundamentals of music that will guide and support students in their musical career path.